The Colby Community College Criminal Justice Scholarship is funded through the City of Colby Police Department Special Law Enforcement Fund and is awarded to one eligible boy and girl each year. This scholarship is open to full-time college students planning to attend Colby Community College (CCC) the following year. Applicants must be enrolled in CCC as a full-time student, must have attained and must maintain a 2.0 GPA and major in Criminal Justice with intentions of furthering their career in the Criminal Justice field, preferably in Thomas County. To qualify for this scholarships, students must also pass a criminal background check and must be from one of the following Kansas counties: Cheyenne, Decatur, Logan, Gove, Rawlins, Sheridan, Sherman, Thomas, or Wallace.
Grant Recipient Obligations
- Public acknowledgement of the Foundation's support.
- Expenditure of the moneys within the time frame outlined in the grant proposal and for the purposes stated in the proposal.
- Repayment of any portion of the amount granted that is not used solely for the purposes stated in the grant application.
- Completion of an evaluation report by the designated date.
- Any special conditions as mutually agreed upon.
Contributions may be made to this scholarship fund by anyone and at any time.
If you'd like to recieve a Grant Application or would like more information on this fund, please contact
Melinda Olson, Exectutive Director, at the TCCF office.